*Thanks to Jimmy Dean for sponsoring this segment of Cooking with Carson! All opinions are genuinely our own…including Carson’s commentary ;)*
Getting breakfast ready in the morning can be stressful. Especially if you are constantly running late like me! Ha! Here are some :45 second breakfast ideas that are easy to have on hand to keep busy mornings simple.
**Want more easy breakfast ideas? Check out Jimmy Dean Breakfast on YouTube!
**Also, don’t forget to download your $1 off Jimmy Dean Fully Cooked Sausage coupon!
****SAUSAGE AND PITA SANDWICH****
- Jimmy Dean Fully Cooked Sausage
- Round Wheat Pita
- 2 slices of Gouda cheese
- 3-4 sliced grape tomatoes
Cook sausage for :45 seconds (it’s really that fast because it’s fully cooked!) Add your pita, cheese, and grape tomatoes and you’ve got an instant on-the-go breakfast!
MONEY-SAVING BONUS TIPS:
- Download a $1 off Jimmy Dean Fully Cooked Sausage coupon (hurry offer ends soon!)
- Gouda and Edam cheese both have similar flavors. Sausage pairs well with stronger, buttery or nutty textures. Cheese not on sale? Look for other similar cheeses on sale like Baby Swiss or Havarti. If you have a really picky eater, Munster is also a great option. Most grocery stores rotate significant, rotating markdowns in the deli aisle.
- 2 bananas
- 1/2 a container of spinach
- 2-3 small cartons of berries or frozen berries
- frozen mangos
Add ingredients to individual baggies and freeze for up to 3 months. Keep in a tupperware to prevent freezer burn. Add a cup or so of juice to the frozen packs in a blender and you have a smoothie that is ready to eat in seconds.
MONEY-SAVING BONUS TIP: Frozen and Fresh berries usually pack an equal amount of nutrients so when in season, buy fresh, and when out of season, buy frozen. You’ll get the biggest bang for your buck. Want organic? Frozen is almost always the way to go!
****FRUIT AND YOGURT ROLL-UPS****
- 8 flour tortillas
- 2 small cartons of berries
- Greek Yogurt (2 containers)
- 1/2 Cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- spray butter
Add a frosting layer of Greek yogurt to a tortilla. Top with berries and roll like a burrito. Spray with spray butter and run through combined sugar and cinnamon on a plate. Flash freeze for 2 hours then cut in half and put in individual Ziplock backs in a tupperware in the freezer. Let thaw a few minutes before eating and enjoy!
MONEY-SAVING BONUS TIP: Look for cash back on fresh food, yogurt, tortillas and more from mobile coupon apps like Ibotta (the app is completely FREE).
****INSTANT SAUSAGE AND EGG****
- 1 egg
- Jimmy Dean’s Fully Cooked Turkey Sausage
- Cheese as desired
Whisk egg and cheese in a small mug. Add sausage to the mug and microwave for :45 seconds to 1 minute 10 seconds. Turn mug over and serve on a plate with your favorite fruit!
****READY-GO INSTANT OATMEAL****
- Instant oatmeal
- Powdered coffee creamer
- Brown sugar
Add a serving of oatmeal to a snack-size ziplock baggie. Add 1 tsp. of Brown Sugar and 1 tsp. Coffee creamer to each baggie for sweetness and smoothness.