Organizing the kitchen can seem like a daunting and expensive task. Here’s how, using less than $10, I organized our baking cabinet above the stove.
My biggest secrets when organizing are to…
- Re-purpose old containers. I love the pretzel pillows from my grocery store, and when they go on sale, I buy a few, and I know I can re-use the container after we eat them. TIP: To remove labels, use rubbing alcohol, nail polish remover, or vinegar. Let soak using a paper towel.
- Stick with one color scheme. When working with a tiny budget, things have a tendency to get a little Hodge-podgy. In this project I suck with black and white, so it really created a dramatic effect for little money
- Shop the Dollar Tree! The chalkboard labels, chalk pen, and containers we from the Dollar Store
- Use double-duty organizers. My “risers” in the cabinets are also helpful storage.
- Shop Garage Sales (now’s the season!). Storage containers can always be found at these. I see them at so many sales!
*This is not a sponsored video. All opinions are my own.*