In this episode of Cooking With Carson we show you how to make Meringue Cookies that look like beautiful galaxies and unicorn poop! 😆 Kids get SO excited about this sweet recipe and it couldn’t be easier! It’s just three ingredients! Galaxy DIYs and cute Pinterest unicorns have been catching our eyes lately, and Carson has been begging to make this one.
My friend Windi made Carson’s Apron for his birthday. So cute, right? You can see her store here!
INGREDIENTS AND SUPPLIES:
- 4 Egg whites (use large eggs)
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1/4 tsp Cream of Tartar (optional, but helps the eggs/sugar mixture reach max fullness)
- Vanilla Extract (optional for flavoring)
- Gel Food Coloring (Use gel for the brightest color, this is the kit I used to achieve galaxy colors)
- If you haven’t tried gel coloring yet, and only want to spend a couple bucks, this is a GREAT starter kit
- Piping Kit (they also sell them at Dollar Tree!)
How to make PERFECT Meringue Cookies (tips and tricks we learned):
- Use a perfectly clean bowl (I wiped mine down with vinegar before mixing). If any oil or grease is in the bowl the eggs and sugar won’t set.
- Use room temperature eggs. This is very important. Let sit out for at least an hour before using.
- Start mixing slowly and then slowly speed up mixing
- Add sugar when eggs make stiff peaks.
- It takes longer than you think. About 5 solid minutes of mixing.
- Add sugar SLOWLY 1 Tablespoon at a time.
- Do not over mix. If mixture starts to separate or become chunky, you’ve mixed too much.
FTC: This is not a sponsored post. All opinions are genuinely my own. Links contain affiliates.